Friday, March 11, 2011

Flashback Fridays

Me and My Shadow....


For a while now Toby has had an imaginary SON. His son's name is Kick, the name is pretty much consistent, there are little variances in the last name at times. His sons last name has been Bakugan, Dog, Zemrick, Battleforce... and whatever Toby has in sight at the time when I ask him what his son's name is, the list go's on. Sometimes his son is 2 years old, 4 years old and even 8 years old. His son cleverly shows up when something has been mistakenly broke or mysteriously torn up, marked on, and/or messed up. His son has even been accused of making the dog's yelp from time to time. His son has been responsible for Toby's bad behavior even. Oh! and his son is also very messy. His son shows up for candy, cake, gum and just about anything that Toby thinks is scrumptious and would like to have more of. This is really fun, Toby has learned to share what he has with his son. Toby scolds his son for his wrong doings and praises him when he does good, he guides him and shows him love. This is so much fun, through his scoldings, guidance and love that he has shown to his son, I have learned what I think I am doing right and what I think I should change. At times it really is a challenge and keeps me on my toes. While I don't want to discourage his imagination, I do want to encourage truthfulness and reality. I didn't have to go through this with my first child so this is a new challenge for me to learn about. How do I balance this? All the while, it is cute on one hand and frustrating on the other hand. I love the both of them. Toby and his son Kick. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love to hear about Toby and his Son!!!! I am so glad to see that you are blogging again!!!!

    ReplyDelete